Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvin, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking I&E Technicians to join our team in the Alvin, TX area. Wood is rapidly growing with room for growth and opportunities.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Manage maintenance key performance indicators for the department.
- Responsible for delivery and/or updates of Preventative Maintenance plans, documentation
- Develop measures and concepts for the further development and stabilization of existing maintenance processes
- Provide leadership and guidance on effective operation of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS, using the Oracle EAM)
- Analyze and investigates all work requests,
- Develop all work order based job plans generated from the work requests
- Plan all PM maintenance work, estimated time and resources, and scheduled all planned jobs.
- Ensure parts, materials, and tools are appropriately requisitioned to complete planned jobs.
- Oversee preventative maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) programs.
- Track and report on appropriate metrics to monitor and improve maintenance performance and reliability
- Responsible for maintaining the Work Order System and documentation related to equipment history.
- Plan, schedule and track needed parts, predictive maintenance readings, labor hours and work metrics with long term focus on increased reliability and increased productivity of the workforce.
- Participate in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs
- Update and identify missing procedures, additional parts, tool lists, lock out sheets or other improvements that need implementation before the work is assigned the next time.
- Communicate and manage the status of work control and backlog from submission to work order completion.
- Communicate daily and report backlog weekly.
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures. Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups
- Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Higher operational and maintenance understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate, and work with other personnel, departments, and outside officials.
- Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement and control.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.