Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Auditor for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Support the Audit Leader and team in undertaking Audit, SOX and Compliance activities - Internal and Non-Op JV audits; SOX activity control testing; compliance and risk mapping support.
Internal and Non-Op JV Audit:
- Act as the focal point and supervise third parties undertaking Non-Op JV and external audits.
- Support the Audit Leader and business to agree Non-Op JV and non-technical audit plans re content, scope, expectations and timetable.
SOX Activity Level Control Testing:
- Work closely with the Audit Lead (SOX) to ensure all SOX ALC deadlines are successfully achieved.
- Perform independent and objective assessments of control effectiveness based on SOX methodology.
- To ensure information in the RAISE database and CMS is reliable and up to date.
- Assist the Audit Leader in compliance activities, supporting E-Learning, Due Diligence and Conflict of Interest exercises
- Assist the Audit Leader in risk mapping exercises covering business and compliance risk workshops
Core Auditor Activities
- Deliver on internal audit assignments: enhancing visibility, understanding and performance improvement within the business.
- Perform assignments professionally, aligned to recognised Group and external auditing standards and best practice.
- Communicate audit findings to clients in accordance with the agreed expectations and deadlines, highlighting risks and potential solutions and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensure agreed action plans are monitored and properly reported ; escalating any risks to the Audit Leader for follow up.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Accounting Qualifications/Work experience related to SOX and internal audit monitoring of processes
- Ability to plan and manage audit assignments to meet expectation and improve performance
- Ability to analyse information, draw conclusions and present recommendations logically
- Results-driven and motivated to ensure successful conclusion of audits with a positive, team based contribution
- Effective communicator with strong influential and decision-making skills to deliver common goals and objectives.
- Set of values based on recognised standards, objectivity, integrity, confidentiality and respect for others