Staff Cyber Security ArchitectJob Overview:
The Staff Cyber Security Architect will support Baker Hughes Cloud, customer solutions, and industrial internet initiatives using a number of cloud providers and cloud services. As a member of the Cyber Security team, this individual will partner with the cloud, commercial and industrial internet teams to implement secure system architectures and designs.
The successful security architect will also act as a liaison between the cloud security team and application development teams or business staff. In this role, the security architect will act as a consultant and advisor to these teams ensuring that Baker Hughes' internal security needs, customer security needs, or both are met as applications and services are developed and deployed.Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
- Assist with strategy and technology roadmap for the Cloud and Customer Solutions Cyber Security Programs
- Provide hands-on technical capability and embed with the CTO Cloud Architecture Team to deliver high-value outcomes to the business
- Provide security consulting and implementation recommendations to external teams.
- Review the proposed application and security architectures for recommended cloud service or cloud-based applications
- Participate in documenting secure architecture and design strategies and roadmaps for cloud and customer solutions
- Ensure cybersecurity risks and vulnerabilities are logged, analyzed and vetted for accuracy within SLAs
- Create and configure required cyber capabilities within the Baker Hughes Cloud environments.
- Identify and deliver appropriate metrics to drive cloud and customer security solutions reporting framework based on business risk
- Collaborate with other Baker Hughes Business Units to benchmark Cloud and Customer Solutions Cyber Security capabilities and processes
- Participate in strategic projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and be a recognized expert in security architecture and design
- Participate in the implementation of cloud and customer solutions cybersecurity standards and policies to protect Baker Hughes information and business operations
- Assist with the assessment of cloud and 3rd party hosted environments
- Continually evaluate new threats, solutions and the impact on IT and Business operations and balancing these needs to develop and implement the best security solutions for the business
- Represent Baker Hughes interests on Baker Hughes-wide cloud and customer solutions cybersecurity initiatives
- Develop, review and maintain documents, policies, and standards governing the cybersecurity considerations for cloud environments.
- Engage and deliver end to end cloud Cybersecurity architecture and designs, and provide secure transition methodologies to cloud solutions.
- Participate in critical evaluation and deployment of cloud services and cloud access broker solutions.
- Work closely with the Enterprise architects to ensure that platform-specific solutions meet the needs of all functional, security requirements and architecture design.
- Work with business analysts and business owners to understand the requirements in order to design solutions.
- Able to deploy and troubleshoot systems hands-on.
- Share best practices and lessons learned and continuously update the technical Cybersecurity architecture based on changing technologies in collaboration with other domain architects.
- Recommend and participate in the design and implementation of standards, tools, and methodologies.
- Identify opportunities to improve the Cybersecurity of business applications in the cloud.
- Stay informed about the latest cyber threats to the cloud environment including threats towards the organization.
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience (High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 4 years of information technology experience
- Minimum of 1 year of information security, IT Compliance or Cloud Development/Deployment experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%, mostly domestic but occasional international travel
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Hands-on experience with cloud applications and infrastructures
- Hands-On experience with customer and commercial IT solutions
- Understanding of cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities related to IT system architectures and design
- Familiarity with NIST or ISO security requirements
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer expectations
- Industry certification a plus- (CISSP, GSEC, GIAC)
- Familiarity with predominant public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP); AWS preferred
- Ability to develop and understand complex application and security architectures
- Software development experience
- Knowledge of common security services and implementations including:
- Network security
- Intrusion and exfiltration prevention tools
Ability to organize teams, communicate goals, and lead them to a solutionPersonal Attributes:
- Ability to influence others through application and security experience
- Ability to communicate application and security issues and status to a broad audience including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to negotiate and bring diverse teams to an agreed-upon solution
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.