Skills: Civil Engineering, Naval Architecture, Structural Engineering
Other Skills: weight control management, FPSO, topside
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Our client is one of the key players in the floating production sector. They own and operate as well as lease FPSO vessels. Their main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension.
For their team in Kuala Lumpur, we are seeking a Senior Weight Control Engineer.
The Weight Control Engineer utilizes discipline knowledge of weight management and reporting principles and procedures.
As a Weight Control Engineer you will ensure the weight management and philosophy meet project and client requirements, as well as international codes, Company specifications and industry standards and regulations.
You will be responsible for maintaining the weight databases of live and past projects.
You will closely cooperate with Engineering Project Managers, Engineers and Designers across various disciplines.
- Engineering Degree with minimum 10 years of experience
- Overview of Topside, Hull and Mooring systems.
- Hands-on experience in weight control activities of offshore structure projects (fixed offshore platforms or floating offshore structures such as FPSO's and/or Semi Submersibles).
- Strong knowledge in Class Rules and Regulation (such as ABS, BV, DnV) and ISO 19901.
- Experience with Brazilian regulations is an advantage.
- Site experience in topside, marine and vessel construction and installation is an advantage.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.