Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gray, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Senior SCADA Tech
Schedule: Callout/Service Call Schedule
Location: Will Vary/Offshore & Land Based Work
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
• This is a position requiring the individual to Design, Program and service Automation & Control systems. Work will primarily be associated with Oil & Gas production facilities on land and in the G.O.M. This position will require the individual to live in or around the Lafayette LA area
• Design using HMI software, program PLCs and complete industrial networking
• Utilize Rockwell and Siemens programming software, such as RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk Studio, Step7, WinCC, and Wonderware Intouch
• Write a full PLC program including a written description from equipment monitoring to how it is monitoring the equipment
• Read drawings, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams and electrical schematics (P&IDs)
• Conduct field start-up, testing, and troubleshooting of equipment required
• Troubleshoot electronic end devices
• Supervise or train project team members as necessary
• Test and diagnose problems with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens and Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
• Perform edits and changes to PLC programming as instructed by supervisor
• Investigate or test vendors' or competitors' products
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the Service, Installation,
• Commissioning, and Troubleshooting/Repair of one or more of the following Systems:
o Automation / SCADA Systems
o Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC & Touch Screen equipment and associated programming software
• Able to program entire systems with little to no guidance
• Knowledge of measurement system equipment including gas flow computers and LACT systems is a plus
• Work with minimal supervision and take job ownership throughout completion which includes documentation and field tickets
• Ability to pass all Safety Training and Certification requirements
• Must be able to take call outs
• Must be able to work under pressure
• RTU's, EFM's, VFD's (ROC 107, 800, ABB RMC, TotalFlow)
• PLC Programming (Allen Bradley, Idec, ScadaPack)
• HMI Development and Programming (Beijer, Red Lion)
• Communication protocols & radio communications (Freewave, Xetawave, MDS)
• Networking TCP/IP
• Instrumentation Calibrations
• Wireless Instrumentation
• Solar Powered Systems
• Modbus mapping and protocol language
- Familiarity with Oil & Gas Production systems and the equipment used is required. 5 years minimum
- Electronics and/or Industrial Technology degree or training from a University, Technical School, or Military preferred.
- Valid state driver license required; good driving record.
- TWIC card and ability to pass TWIC requirements.
- Water survival training and T2 certification required (will provide if needed).
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator.
Why work for Danos?
Danos offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Danos is an equal opportunity employer.