Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Manages the platforms, systems, processes and resources in accordance with policies, standards and architectures throughout the life cycle of information content in all formats and media.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia leads the development of two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities - the Gorgon and Wheatstone Projects - and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Management Emerging Data Technology Team Lead to join the Information Management team. This permanent role will be based in Perth and will report to the Digital Data Asset Management Team Lead.
- Serve as an expert voice and champion within Chevron Australia for the emerging data technology services that enable acceleration of the digital and data analytics journey
- Enable and operationalise new data services through Agile/DevOps methodology and the Microsoft Azure Cloud technology stack
- Use Agile/DevOps methodology to ensure work focuses on those efforts with maximum value, and are aligned with product strategy
- Interact with related Chevron initiatives (i.e. programs and projects) that define platform data services, assist in developing Agile Release Train (ART) level architecture roadmaps, collaborate to ensure technology is integrated into the Chevron eco-system
- Take lead of scrum teams as the product owner, and develop product requirements
- Provide vision, direction and coaching to the Emerging Data Technology team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Collaborate and define product vision and growth opportunities
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or Return on Investment
- Lead the product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new capabilities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Understand and share the emerging data services landscape and near-term technology trends with stakeholders (to inform teams of potential impacts and opportunities)
- Sponsor and facilitate internal (IT) user groups and participate in external industry wide groups and strategic advisory boards relative to capabilities supported
- Mentor and coach Epic owners, product owners and scrum masters
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
Key skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Significant Information Technology experience (preferably 15+ years)
- Preferably 5+ years' experience in applying data science methods to oil and gas business problems (e.g. Linear/Non-linear Optimization, Stochastic Optimization, Statistical Analysis, ML and other Data Science methods)
- Excellent technical, critical thinking and analysis skills, with a strong interest in Microsoft Azure cloud analytics
- Experience working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team utilising Microsoft ADO, CI/CD, and Scrum
- Experience with Microsoft Azure analytics tools including Data Lake Store, Data Factory, SQL DB, Databricks and Analysis Services
- Experience with coding in SQL and scripting languages such as Python and R. Knowledge of software development/engineering best practices and tools related to machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to
- Create compelling data visualizations (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) that provide insight into business problems. Ability to tell stories about information using visual tool
- Work with little to no supervision
- Work with leaders in both the IT Function and the business to understand business strategies and shape technology roadmaps to support those strategies
- Influence without authority and be highly collaborative
- Work in ambiguous settings and drive clarity and alignment across business and IT stakeholders and employees
- Make decisions and take action even when faced with uncertainties
- Demonstrated understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies and knowledge of when, or if, to apply to achieve business outcomes
- Demonstrated capability in enhancing/optimising business processes
- Experience developing and implementing operational and support needs for developed solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver substantial value for one or more large companies
- Current industry recognized Agile SAFe and/or scrum certification (as Scrum Master or Product Owner)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron's values of diversity and inclusion, high performance, integrity and trust, partnership and protecting people and the environment
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been present in Australia for more than 60 years
- You will be provided a competitive package and an opportunity to contribute to two of Australia's largest natural gas facilities
- Chevron offers career development opportunities to all employees including onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and committed to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron supports work-life balance and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- A nine-day fortnight is offered for eligible roles
We actively encourage applications from Australian Aboriginals, women, mature age applicants, candidates with disabilities and those with diverse cultural backgrounds. To be a part of our success, apply now.
Position Close Date: Tuesday 7 April 2020, 3pm WST
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.