This is a permanent position offered for Fresh Qatari Graduates under Field Operations Department.
- Take increasing responsibility in the delivery of the relevant discipline 2019s daily tasks and work duties
- Contribute to the follow-up of the ongoing operations of the offshore oil and gas facilities, utilities and life support systems in CCR as well as hands on in the field operations.
- Verify operations compliance with NOC procedures, guidelines, legislative requirements and PTW workflows.
- Contribute to preparing and executing operational activities via the Permit to Work process.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis or other risk assessments for operations, including non-routine operational activities.
- Provide reporting and insights related to the resolution of Downgraded Situations as required by Site Management
- Contribute to drive an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture
- Develop skills to understand and operate the offshore oil and gas facilities, utilities and life support systems
- Develop skills to understand and operate SCADA, ESD, F&G control systems in CCR
- Develop skills to ensure production routine tasks are executed in a safe and timely manner
- Develop skills to encourage and foster process safety awareness related to own discipline
- Under supervision, make decisions regarding CCR operations and techniques for controlling well and process performance
- Participate in daily technical meetings to improve drilling, production or maintenance operations
- Contribute to ensure production performance targets are met through planning and optimizing
- Contribute to the daily reporting of unplanned shortfalls events
- Contribute to identification of opportunities which enable maximum production and injection output within the parameters of environmental compliance and process safety.
- Participate in planned rotations within disciplineu2019s, and on- and offshore depending on the ultimate goal of the graduate and the hiring Managers
- Participate in in-depth trainings in which soft skills will be developed, including assignments against professional skill development
- Develop skills around the business functions - this includes finance, contracts & procurement, ethics, health safety and environment etc. and mentoring support.
- Participate in Cause Tree Analysis, including 5-whys to learn from unplanned events
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by discipline leader.
Context and Environment:
- Working environment description:
- Position based offshore at Al Shaheen Oil Field.
- Incumbent is required to work on rotation 14 days on 14 days off over a 24 month period. The 24 months will be equally distributed between the 5 disciplines Drilling, Production, Mechanical, Electrical and Control & Instrument disciplines. This to ensure on-the-job learning to develop the offshore operations competencies.
- High level of technical risks and performance due to the operational costs and production objectives
Qualifications & Experience:
- 0-3 years since graduation; prior work experience of oilfield Production, Maintenance or Drilling Engineering will be taken into consideration
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, Chemical or Process Engineering
- Motivation to sustain technical career in a motivating and demanding environment
- Motivation to enjoy offshore working periods in the initial career path
- Keen interest working with data, analysis, reporting and software applications
- H2S certificate and T-BOSIET for offshore work u2013 provided by NOC
- Fitness for Work (offshore) Certificate.