Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Workover or Completion
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Qatar
North Oil Company is looking for a Graduate Engineer with Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical or Industrial Engineering field to join a graduate program within our Drilling & Wells Section.
A development plan & framework to enhance and accelerate an early career professional development will be laid out to the successful candidate.
Scope of Work
- Dedicate part of his time to academic trainings and on the job training
- Take gradually part in efficient delivering of fit for purpose well completion programmes
- Contribute to the monitoring and the follow-up of the ongoing and new well operations
- Contribute to preparation of timely and accurate Final Well Report
Health Safety Environment
- Contribute to preparing Completions and Workover programmes. Perform risk analysis for operations, including non-routine operations
- Ensure HSE requirements are adhered to for Completions and Workover programmes
- Completion and Workover Activities
- Develop Skills to design safe completion architectures
- Develop skills to use software applications for completion design.
- Participate in Al-Shaheen field development studies
- Participate in analyzing well completion activities, conducting failure analysis and identifying areas for improvement.
- Contribute to providing cost estimates to inform investment decisions and budget requirements
- Contribute to identifying applicable technology to improve well reliability and deliverables
- Take part in ensuring the alignment of equipment, services and local/international regulations to perform completion and workover operations as per a written completion or workover programme
- Contribute to benchmarking service companies' performance by continuously auditing and assessing quality of equipment and operations.
- Participate in managing contracts, procurements and invoices for values above or below 20 MUSD
Working Environment Description
- Incumbent is required to spend significant amount of time offshore, to ensure on-the-job learning to develop the competencies per Completions Engineering Competence framework
- Extended Reach Departure (ERD) wells in mainly carbonates layers and depleted reservoirs
- High level of technical risks and performance due to the operational costs and production objectives
- 0-3 years of Drilling Engineering experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in either Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical or Industrial Engineering
- Motivation to sustain technical career
- Motivation to work offshore during the initial periods of the development or career path
- Keen interest working with data, analysis, reporting and software applications. Exposure to WellView, WellPlan, WellCat, SAP software and MS Office Suite is desirable
- Ability to communicate with clarity and influence to 3rd party contractors
- H2S certificate and T-BOSIET for offshore visits - provided by NOC
- IWCF level 4 Well Intervention Certificate or Drilling - provided by NOC every 4 years