Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Piping Engineer is accountable for technical integrity of assigned Piping and Layout activities, Producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO's, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Piping Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities of the Piping Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the Piping Engineering activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
- Lead, coordinate, mentor and manage discipline teams on smaller projects when needed.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of piping engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
- Co-ordinate the development of 3D modelling activities of skid packages.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Knowledge of Piping flexibility analysis would be an added advantage
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager.
- Review and Check 2D drawings such as Equipment layout, piping layout, general arrangement drawings, piping isometrics, Support plan and other drawings in accordance with Client specifications.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector.
- Should have piping design knowledge for Process equipment like Separators, Columns, Exchangers, Fin fan coolers used in Oil & Gas projects.
- Piping design experience related to Process skids and packages for upstream/midstream projects would be preferred
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of software like Caesar-II, Mathcad, Navisworks
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc€¦)
- Engineer shall interface with other disciplines especially Process, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation etc. Basic knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings would be beneficial.
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Should be able to work on fast track projects and deliver as per project schedule.
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule
- Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards
- Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety
- Minimum of 10-15 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Job Location Chennai India
- Indian Nationality
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.