Glasgow, United Kingdom
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Lead Foundations Transport and Installation Engineer to join a world leading renewables provider for wind, on an ongoing contract based between Glasgow/London.
As a Lead FT&I Engineer, you will provide solid professional expertise in the engineering and execution of the offshore installation works and be involved with the initial planning, tendering and contract negotiations with potential businesses. You will evaluate and supervise installation works, as well as manage multiple activities and interfaces.
- Early planning and estimates.
- Tender, technical evaluation of bids.
- Contract negotiation input.
- Implementation of standards for Quality, Environment, Health and Safety, as required by theEAH/SPR policies, procedures and applicable.
- Production of reports and general documentation on:
- Cost control and programme
- Consent compliance
- Risk and Opportunity interfaces
- Engineering & Technical
- Support, challenge, consider
- Reports to package and project
- Acquire a high level of understanding of the site conditions and project.
- Receive and implement in the project lessons learned from previous project of the group, as wellas to participate in the recording and transmission of the lessons of this project.
- Production and update of interfaces documentation with other project
- Provide/manage the procurement of the solution to all technical aspects of the FT&I,especially focused on the installation engineering & on the planning of the offshore.
- Coordinate the FT&I tenderers, focused on technical.
- Review & provide recommendations regarding the FT&I tenderers' proposals, including: transport plan, lift plans/ drawings, installation sequences, weather limitations, weather down time estimations,
- Confirm compliance with the available codes & standards (inc Marine Warrenty Surveyor).
- Review and comment on Wind Turbine Generator design (installation).
- Risk assess the technical feasibility of FT&I proposals to ensure that all risks & opportunities areidentified are evaluated and the risk profile is fully.
- Confirm proposals & activities are implemented to meet the project programme,quality and budgetary.
- To provide support on the interface management with other project packages (e.g.WTG Foundations Design and Fabrication, and others with offshore operations content). This includes the support on the planning of the load-out operations and installation.
- Project management and administration support.
- Reporting on FT&I tender.
- Supervision of Consultants' and Contractor's.
- Prepare, raise and reply to Technical Queries.
- Prepare progress reports and minutes of meetings.
- Collaborate on the elaboration and submittal of communications to tenderers.
- Liaise with Document Controller and ensure compliance with document control procedures.
- Internal reporting to project management and other stakeholders.
- General technical and management support to activities related to the development of the offshorewind farm.
- Assess Health, Safety and the Environmental regulatory, Consenting and legal compliance.
- Ensure appropriate "lessons learnt" are captured and shared.
Qualifications & Certification
- BEng Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Relevant experience on installation of Offshore Wind Turbine foundations is required.
- GWO Basic Safety Training Standard + HUET, if required to attend offshore
- Demonstrable experiences in Marine environment-performance.
- Previous experience in offshore installation operations