Skills: Risk Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Londra, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a SENIOR RISK ANALYST to join Eni Trading & Shipping's (ETS) Market Risk team. The team will provide daily performance and control analysis of the trading business and will work closely with the traders and the other parts of the ETS business. This is a pivotal team in this dynamic business and experience of this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options in the trading and shipping business.
- Generate daily exposure and risk metric calculation, in particular daily monitoring of the market exposure and profit and loss move for assigned physical books and related derivatives;
- Analyse, investigate and comment on PNL trading results focusing on trading and shipping performance and market trends;
- Maintain a good knowledge of risk metrics (i.e. VaR and stress analysis) and perform ad hoc analysis;
- Maintain a good knowledge of market conditions on monitored products through the use of provided tools;
- Support automation initiatives and work with ICT to drive necessary developments;
- Interface and support front office desk in reaction to new market risks as well as the development of new markets/products;
- Guarantee compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support internal and external audit requests;
- Contribute to the month and quarter-end activities for assigned books.
Permanent local contract. We are unable to offer visa support for this role.
ETS offices on Buckingham Palace Road, SW1, London
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills;
- Dedicated and resilient;
- Proactive and results-oriented;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience within a Market Risk environment in an oil trading company;
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress test, scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of Platt's Market on Close (MOC), E-window, and any other trading platform;
- Knowledge of financial hedging on Oil & Products;
- Knowledge of vessel chartering, shipping or bulk commodity movement;
- Knowledge of IT systems such as Endur and ICTS;
- Full command of English language (spoken and written).
About Eni Trading & Shipping
Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) is dedicated to commodity trading, providing services to third-party customers as well as Eni's divisions. As a centre of excellence for trading in crude oil, natural gas and refined products, ETS has a global presence and is active in all European markets as well as in America, Africa and Asia. Integrity, transparency and social responsibility underpin our work, and our team is made up of talented, motivated and skilled individuals across London, Brussels, Singapore, Rome and Houston. With ETS you'll join an international business in a multicultural setting, immerse yourself in a fast-paced trading environment and gain a broad depth of knowledge to help shape your own career path.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviours that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It's fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Together, we have a greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.