Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Trading of physical oil products (gasoline and gasoline components including naphtha) and associated derivatives;
- Managing price risk exposure on the trading book;
- Negotiating term and spot contracts with producers, refiners and traders;
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the light oil products market and energy markets in general;
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives;
- Liaise with other Eni stakeholders to optimise sale of products;
- Liaise with Shipping for the chartering of vessels, both on spot and term basis;
- Provide analytical assessments to support trading decisions;
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis within an agreed strategy to generate value for ETS;
- Develop an asset-backed trading strategy in regions where Eni runs productions/assets;
- Provide insight and support to the development of the long-term light products trading strategy for ETS;
- Maintain regular communication with products traders in Houston and Singapore to identify and execute arbitrage opportunities;
- Develop and execute physical and financial light products trading strategies;
- Develop and present analysis to management to support future trading positions;
- Track and communicate developments in the market and relevant market intelligence, including supply and demand balances and competitor activities to other traders in the team;
- Support the origination team in developing long-term asset and contractual positions in line with the ETS long-term crude trading strategy;
- Liaise with charterers in shipping and operations to ensure all physical movements are executed safely and efficiently.
Permanent local contract. We are unable to offer visa support for this role.
ETS offices on Buckingham Palace Road, SW1, London
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills;
- Dedicated and stress-resilient;
- Proactive and results-oriented;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment.
- Undergraduate degree (with preference for numerate subject such as Engineering, Mathematics or Economics);
- Experience in supply and trading;
- Experience with derivative instruments for hedging;
- Knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis;
- Knowledge of IT standard software and trading software;
- Full command of English language (written and spoken); knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.
About Eni Trading & Shipping
Eni Trading & Shipping (ETS) is dedicated to commodity trading, providing services to third-party customers as well as Eni's divisions. As a centre of excellence for trading in crude oil, natural gas and refined products, ETS has a global presence and is active in all European markets as well as in America, Africa and Asia. Integrity, transparency and social responsibility underpin our work, and our team is made up of talented, motivated and skilled individuals across London, Brussels, Singapore, Rome and Houston. With ETS you'll join an international business in a multicultural setting, immerse yourself in a fast-paced trading environment and gain a broad depth of knowledge to help shape your own career path.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviours that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It's fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.