Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
Location: Perth, WA and Adelaide, SA
Type of contract: Permanent
To support the operations in Australia, we are currently hiring Experienced Oil and Gas Pore Pressure Analyst to join our team for work in Australia.
The Pore Pressure Analyst is an integral part of the Schlumberger team focusing on pore pressure and fracture gradient on a specific project. In this position, you can expect a demanding environment, tough working conditions and hard physical work.
Responsible for supplying the Client with advice concerning the pore pressure and fracture gradient and conduct a pre-job analysis to fully understand the drilling challenges related to pore pressure and fracture gradient of the well.
Advise the Client throughout all phases of the project. During the drilling phase of the project, the Pore Pressure Analyst will monitor all aspects of the pore pressure and fracture gradient of the well - analyzing LWD trends utilizing software programs; monitoring and analyzing drilling and circulated gas trends; interpreting well bore caving's; providing ECD management; preparing regular reports and maintaining positive communication at all times with all the relevant personnel from the Client's drilling team.
- Must have a University Degree (bachelor of Sciences as a minimum) in Geology, Geological Applied Sciences, Earth Sciences or Applied Sciences.
- 8 - 10 years' experience working in the Field Oil and Gas, with 4 plus years working as a Pore Pressure Analyst is a must.
- Reside in Australia and have the right to live and work in Australia.
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company's requirement.
- Able to start immediately.
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and Clients, both in written and verbally.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with the Client and inspire trust and confidence; diplomatic and persuasive style.
- Integrity. Accurate and rigorous in data reporting.
- Ability to exercise own discretion and independent judgment.
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Learns quickly and adapts to new systems and situations.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Good technical and data monitoring and synthetic skills; able to balance a range of different views (Client and Operations).
- A high level of drive, creativity and motivation to deal with problems.
- Manages and provides support, coaching and guidance to less experienced employees, acts as a role model for all field staff and helps to build and maintain effective teamwork.
- Strong Commitment to QHSE.
- Client and Service oriented.
- Ability to learn quickly and translate the learning into practical solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills written and verbal.
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Application: Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 19-March-2020 until 19-April-2020.
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.