Role Summary/ Purpose
Here at Baker Hughes Newcastle we have an exciting opportunity to hire a group of Trainee Manufacturing Operator positions.
These positions are on a fixed term 12-month contract. At the end of the 12-month period we will review each person and consideration will be given to issue a permanent contract.
We offer a competitive salary package including a flexible benefits programme, working in a challenging, yet rewarding environment.Training
This is an intense training programme, which will consist of a series of training courses and on the job training on our manufacturing processes.
Training courses will include:
- Forklift Truck
- Abrasive Wheels
- Lifting & Slinging
- Manual Handling
- Level 2 Continuous Improvement Techniques.
Job Specific Training on/in:
- Company policies, procedures and operating instructions to ensure compliance.
- All safety instructions, to maintain a safe working environment.
- All quality standards.
- Health, Safety & Environment systems, to allow the trainee to identify and report all safety concerns, quality issues and manufacturing problems before progressing any work.
- The operations of the assigned process equipment.
- Maintaining of work centre cleanliness, including material storage areas, in accordance with facility operating policies.
- Performing all required tasks in accordance with standard safety policies.
- Completion of required documentation, as required in accordance with procedures.
- Designated area's in accordance with the facility operating methods, as directed by the frontline leadership.
- Quality Control standards and requirements for defects and machine tolerances
- Maintain housekeeping standards and support HSE areas as required.
- Perform all duties while observing safety rules, standard operating instructions and procedures including specific attention to manual handling techniques.
- Participate in improving and updating Standard Operating Instructions and Risk Assessments.
- Expected to support department operations through overtime and provide cover for holidays and sickness.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to identify improvements or make suggestions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- A mechanical aptitude or experience in a mechanical/fitting environment would be advantageous
- Proven track record in a forward-thinking manufacturing environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of Windows software.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.