Our client has an upcoming project in Saudi and is looking for a CRANE SPECIALIST (1-year contract)
Roles and Responsibility:
- Perform day-to-day inspection; engineering and maintenance activities on Marine facilities heavy lift equipment, Marine Vessels and barges.
- Prepare PM checklist for the lifting equipment and rigging tools inspection schedule.
- Serve as a focal point of conducting health checks on all types of cranes (onshore offshore).
- Develop PPM schedules for the heavy lift equipment.
- Inspect rigging hardware, tools, custom made lifting accessories or tackles.
- Responsible for performing health checks for all safety ensuring devices installed on offshore cranes.
- Responsible for maintaining the data base of all types of heavy lift equipment.
- To comply with company HSE and work permit system.
- Technical Design and perform strength calculations and reports for heavy lift work.
- Performing feasibility studies (lifting related).
- Preparing mobilization manual and equipment checklist for lifting procedures.
- Participating in risk identification sessions and JSA preparation prior operations and performing cranes inspections.
- Giving support to interface engineering and liaison with 3rd parties (subcontractors, crew, clients, and certification authority).
- Participate in Incident investigation related to offshore heavy equipment and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience preferably in hydraulic system and heavy lift equipment or related process industry.
- Having relevant working experience in complex heavy lifting operations for the offshore industry.
- Must be able to understand ballasting, mooring and sea fastening calculations and performing basics dynamic stability checks on vessel's barges carrying heavy equipment.
- Must be able to analyze complex lifting scenario's and proposing economical and safe lifting solutions.
- Must be able to understand international codes & standards related to heavy lifting equipment design, operations, inspection, maintenance and testing requirements.
- Must be able to work in a team showing capability of training sub-ordinates.
- Pragmatic and determined, stress-resistant self-starter who can adapt quickly.
- Able to work well in a high-pressure environment, both individually and a team-player.
- Ability to communicate clearly.