Skills: Maintenance Technician, Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
The operator is a developmental position performing duties associated with oil-producing operations. This position assumes the responsibility of monitoring and optimization of all production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Successful completion of an Operations and Maintenance training program.
- Well management, steam generation, oilfield production, oil, and water treatment plants, gas
- processing, extraction plants, and monitoring computer control systems.
- Adaptability to change with the continuous evolution of hi-tech tools and integrated digital systems.
- Adherence to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards, processes and regulatory requirements to
- sustain a safe workplace.
- Strong organizational skills including the capability to effectively manage time, resources and multiple
- tasks with limited supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to complete scoping jobs, permitting, safety tailgate
- meetings, turnover notes, email, and other interpersonal tasks.
- High School Diploma / High School equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with a history of safe driving practices.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Associates degree, military occupational specialty, and/or technical certification(s).
- +2 years of working experience in a similar organization within the O&G industry.
- Mechanical aptitude and basic troubleshooting skills to analyze and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments.
- Experience with mechanical equipment/hand tools (can be work, school or personal).
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook email, PowerPoint and Word) or equivalent and an aptitude for learning new software tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - capable of effectively explaining information.
- Ability to sustain physical exertion such as weight pulling, pushing and pulling, and step climbing in various climatic conditions.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.