As the Workday Core HR Functional Analyst, you will be the liaison between the relevant stakeholders and Workday Configuration Analysts to translate business requirements into system configuration. The position primarily focuses on sustaining and optimizing the core functionality of the HCM module in Workday through the development of a strong roadmap including upcoming releases and identified enhancement opportunities. You will help develop job aids, training content and communications for users to refer to while using the system. You will participate in the Workday Community and inform users about the latest enhancements for future releases accordingly. In addition, you will collaborate with the other members of the HR Technology and DT teams to create end-to-end solutions that meet workforce and enterprise needs. This position plays a critical role of optimizing how we use Workday exceed our user expectations and drive business outcomes. If you would like to be part of our HR digital transformation journey, please apply!
- Actively communicate with HR leaders to understand latest business objectives and translate them to system requirements.
- Develop the roadmap for Workday [module name] requirements and enhancements and manage the execution plans.
- Work with multiple work streams, integration teams, and business organizations to ensure cohesive and cross-functional impacts are considered and mitigated.
- Facilitate effective brainstorming and design sessions; anticipate how potential ideas may play out in the organization and what behaviors it will drive.
- Build and sustain a comprehensive network of internal and external relationships to provide continuous feedback, ideas, and information about trends and leading practices.
- Create business requirement documents, detailed functional configuration documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Workday releases and provide suggestions around use cases accordingly.
- Collaborate with Digital Technology team on identifying and resolving system inefficiencies and defects.
- Assist in resolving user "How To" questions and help create relevant job aids, learning content, and communications.
- Work closely with other teams including People Operations to gather input on potential system changes and communicate the potential change impacts.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Information Technology with at least 3 years of using HR systems. Equivalent combination of education and work experience is also considered.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to collaborate in a matrixed organization.
- Balance of technical and business acumen. Ability to translate business requirements to system configuration.
- Translate technical terms to real life stories - able to communicate with both technical teams and business functional leaders.
- Understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management.
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients' needs and situation.
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects and monitor milestone progress.
- In-depth knowledge of Workday.
- Good understanding of ERPs such as SAP and the ecosystem of different applications.
- Experience in managing packaged software/cloud software solutions.
- Ability to manage competing priorities considering stakeholder needs, value to the business, level of development required and ease of implementation.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.