Louisiana, United States
Louisiana, United States
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 40K -65K per year (salary)
Location: Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position is responsible for The HSQE Specialist works with the HSQE Director to plan,
direct, and implement Key Cooperative's environmental health and safety programs to ensure a
positive, safe, healthy, and incident-free work environment and is responsible for the
compliance by Key Cooperative with all environmental and safety regulatory agencies. Areas of
specialty for this position, while having a general knowledge company-wide, will focus on
compliance monitoring and reporting in the areas of the company that will involve both turbine
construction and field operation safety requirements. This position would also respond to
emergency situations when they arise, support the HSQE Department in other potentially critical
assignments to safety and quality control and assurance measures of wind and solar farms.
This position will require traveling throughout the United States and willing to travel
approximately 100% with 6 weeks of continuous travel with 5 days off.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies
- Assists with the record keeping, and manuals for these programs (including but not limited to): OSHA, Local Emergency Planning and the communicating with the HSQE Coordinator.
- Works with HSQE Director for Key Cooperative promotion of safety in our community, our customers, field service operations or other industry safety groups and programs.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists with the drug and alcohol testing program.
- Assists with the company's contractor safety program.
- Assists with emergency response to environmental, structural, and employee incidents.
- Assists with the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
- Works with HR to complete necessary information on insurance renewal.
- Assists with annual department goals according to key metrics (ex- lost time accidents) that are measured throughout the organization.
- Participates in Key Cooperative's goal setting and budget process, in areas of safety and compliance.
- Communicates closely with and takes day to day orders from the HSQE Director in the day to day work, so the HSQE goals are reached.
- Plans, implements, and oversees the company safety and maintenance program; coordinates and assists with the Safety & Field Leadership Committee.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing HSQE policies, programs and practices.
- Assists with the development of Harvest Energy Services site security program.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and to enhance the company safety culture.
- Assists with new employee safety orientation program and employee safety training.
- Assists with employee safety and driving records and training; special environmental projects and worker's compensation program. Qualifications & Critical Skills
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year college degree, OSHA related training and certificate, or at least 2 years of experience or wind and/or solar industry training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient with computers, standard software applications, SCADA.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must exhibit 100% commitment to individual and team safety at all times.
- An additional 3 years of wind turbine and/or solar farm experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice.
- Experience with multiple wind turbine and solar technologies.
- Electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting. Additional technical education a plus and will be seriously considered.
- Familiarity with mechanical and electronic testing equipment (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, and various hand and power tools). Working Conditions
- Ability to work overtime and shift work, including holidays and weekends
- This position requires traveling
- Must be willing to work in cold and hot temperatures
- Ability to climb wind turbines and work in height
REQUIRED DRESS CODE
- Harvest Energy Services, Inc. issued uniforms
- All required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cold weather gear for winter months
- Safety Glasses, Hard Hat & Climbing Gear
- Ready to represent the HSQE Safety requirements in word and action