Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Type of contract: Permanent
We are currently seeking to hire a qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Experienced Directional Driller Specialist in Australia.
The Directional Driller Specialist is responsible for maintaining safe, efficient, and reliable Product and Service Deliver (PSD) to Customers. This role identifies opportunities to improve service delivery, implements standard work, and manage, risk during service delivery.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform Service
- Prepare Field Deliverables
- Remove and Secure Resources
- Deploy and Position Resources
- Prepare Resources
- Verify Resources
- Capture Field Data
- Obtain Customer Acceptance of Delivery
- Evaluate and Reconcile Resources
- Implement Risk Response
- Prepare Final Job Deliverables
- Deliver and Archive Final Job Deliverables
- Prepare Job Invoice Supporting Documentation
- Verify and Prepare Resources at Product Line Location
- Ensure job deliverables are accurate and delivered on time.
- Responsible for service delivery execution.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs.
- Develop customer contacts to promote company products and services.
- Ensure company and regulatory standard compliance by implementing the CAT, self-assessments, and wellsite inspections.
- Participate in Service Quality Meetings with customers and improve performance using action plans.
- Participate in HSE and Quality initiatives.
- Wear PPE and observe HSE policies.
- Maintain the required safety training.
- Reside in Australia and have the full right to live and work in Australia including offshore
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company's requirement
- Two-year technical degree (associate degree) is desirable
- Must have minimum three (3) years field and offshore experience leading any directional drilling job
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location
- Develops expertise on advanced well planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Ability to aassists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues
- Experience and familiar with end of well reports / client's final product delivery
- Have competencies in Schlumberger Softwares, etc is desirable
- Have valid BOSIET, MSIC, CSTP and OGUK medical certificates.
- Ability to maintain, prepare and dispatch of equipment.
- Ability to maintain high quality of service delivery at the wellsite, in terms of safety, quality and efficiency of operation.
- Ability to run required services, supervise operations and managing people, interact with clients and other related parties.
- Good personnel skills, excellent in communication, highly self-motivated, competent computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Can work in a high-pressure, learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
- Must be a team player, able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organization, and a good communicator.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Good computer / IT knowledge
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Application: Please upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience to:
Application is open from 19-March-2020 until 19-April-2020.
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.