Skills: Civil Engineering, Process Engineer, Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $150000 - $210000 per annum, Benefits: Expat premium, 100% medical, housing, schooling for children, pension, travel, etc.
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Position Title: Process Engineer, Unconventional
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Type: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has an expat, permanent opportunity for a Process Engineer to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Process Engineer - Expat - Middle East
The Unconventional Resource (UR) Operations Department is responsible for operating all the surface facilities which include the field wells and processing facilities. Their role will be to operate the well manifolds, provide field services, maintain the facility and reduce the equipment down time, perform the PM activities, provide maintenance services in addition of providing all the technical engineering and inspection activities. Additional manpower is now required to meet the significant increase in operation activity.
The Company is looking to appoint a Process Engineer to lead the process design review, follow the construction and leading the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities. In addition, the incumbent will have a detailed understanding of product properties, customer applications and requirements
The Process Engineer must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management's decisions.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance to troubleshoot and fix process equipment
- Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects
- Review Project Proposals and Detailed Designs packages for new facilities
- Participate on the testing & commissioning of the new facilities and Turnaround and Inspection (T&I)
- Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings
- Analyze system performance and find solution for Energy saving
- Ensure quality, cost effective and timely solutions to any upgrade
- Test and pilot new technologies
- Report and analyze key performance indices
- Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities
- Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities
- Contribute to Business Unit strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, MS Preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng) license desirable
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the industrial operation facility with significant experience supporting Unconventional Resources and Shale gas plays
- Possesses good knowledge of the Modular skids mounted process unit
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures such as API and ASMI codes is required to support the review of company standards, project reviews, and implementation of plant modifications to process systems
- Experience with creating/modifying PFDs, and P&IDs
- Experience with troubleshooting process equipment and systems failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/piping, and dehydration systems
- Knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software
- Experience in creating schematics and piping diagrams
- Conduct failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed process system, sequence of event reporting
- Experience with process equipment and systems field Installation, Commissioning and testing
- Experience in specifying piping and equipment layout
- Has good experience in dealing with corrosion related issues
- Capable of communicating with multidiscipline engineers to complete projects
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization. Capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks
- Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff
- Provides analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to capital investment decisions
- Regularly interacts with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with significant tax breaks incentives, an expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, travel/ flights paid for to return home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.