Skills: Regulatory Compliance, Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $170000 - $210000 per annum, Benefits: Expat uplift, 100% medical, schooling, housing, PTO, pension, etc.
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Position Title: Field Compliance Coordinator (HSE)
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Type: Full Time, Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading International Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has an expat, permanent opportunity for a Field Compliance Coordinator to be based in the Middle East - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Field Compliance Coordinator - Expat - Middle East
We are seeking a Field Compliance Coordinator to join the Unconventional Operational Excellence & Compliance Group of Well Completion Operations & Production Engineering Department.
The Operational Excellence & Compliance Group is responsible for providing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) support to the department's operations. This includes rigless interventions (coil tubing and wireline), stimulation, well testing and artificial lift systems.
The primary role of the Field Compliance Coordinator is the development, maintenance and implementation of the company safety management system, environmental management system and operational excellence management system. You must be knowledgeable of company compliance standards, best practice and industry standards that relate to the department's operation. The position requires a wide berth of knowledge of unconventional well servicing operations, particularly rig-less stimulation (hydraulic fracturing) and well intervention. As a subject-matter expert, you will coach and mentor other safety/compliance staff within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the department's point of contact for matters related to safety, loss prevention, environment, occupational health, compliance and operational excellence.
- Implement the departmental version of the Company Safety Management System, and in meeting unconventional rig-less well completion operations' safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting engineering, operations and planning teams in maintaining existing and developing new safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct frequent scheduled or ad-hoc field inspections of unconventional rig-less well completion operations sites.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys. Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses.
- Develop and update operational excellence standards and ensure sound and timely implementation of related OE processes and policies.
- Review engineering designs for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations. Act as a mentor to other OE/compliance engineers.
- Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities and review contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, an environmental discipline (science or engineering), and/or another engineering discipline from a recognized and accredited program.
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in health and safety
- Minimum of ten (10 ) years of oil and gas experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with an unconventional independent oil and gas operator
- The position requires a wide berth of knowledge of unconventional well servicing operations, particularly rig-less stimulation (hydraulic fracturing) and well intervention
- You will have demonstrated leadership skills, excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written), computer skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- You must have the ability to work in a multicultural environment and the drive to overcome significant challenges
This is an excellent opportunity to become part one of the world's leading Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with significant tax breaks incentives, an expat premium, housing, schooling for children, retirement savings, pension, 100% covered medical benefits for family, travel/ flights paid for to return home, PTO, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.