Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
Our client is a leading company in the design and supply of Mechanical Equipment. Based in West Sussex who are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer (Electronic / Instrument) on a staff basis.
As an integral member of the UK Projects Department, the Project Engineer (Electrical / Instrument) will directly report to the Project Engineering Manager. The role is to primarily support the co-ordination and execution of all aspects of multi-discipline engineering, quality control and material supply for £multi-million contracts which need to be completed on time and within budget.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualifications to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline is preferred (ideally Instrument or Electrical) however candidates with a strong project engineering or project management background within a technical environment will be considered.
- Previous experience of working in a projects environment with proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget is essential.
- High standard of analytical & technical problem-solving skills.
- Possess a good commercial acumen.
- Able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload.
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Pro-active with a desire to improve processes and business performance.
- Able to work alone and on own initiative, as well as part of the Team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with foreign clients and suppliers
- Able to liaise and co-ordinate with staff of all levels in multiple offices around the world
- Good understanding of Internationally recognised Industry standards - IEE / IEC / ATEX etc.
- Able to generate and tailor specific package requisitions for Valves / Fuel Skids / Instrumentation / Burners / Electrical equipment from project documentation i.e. client specifications.
- Create project documentation from information received from suppliers for onward submission to clients, Data sheets / I/O List / Instrument indexes / P & ID / Drawings
- Be able to review, understand and approve documentation submitted from suppliers and clients and communicate to up and down the supply chain the required information
- Basic Mechanical engineering knowledge - Welding / Fabrication / Design
- FAT Inspection Attendance / Client meetings / subject matter discussions.
- Prior knowledge of Oil & Gas - Fuel Skid Packages is ideal but not essential
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements