Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management, Customer Service
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Account Specialist. Successful candidates will join the BASSC Downstream team. In addition to providing Downstream marketing services support, the more than 500 professionals that work at BASSC, provide expert information technology, human resources and finance and solutions to Chevron partners around the globe.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
1) Critical primary point of contact for US and non-US Commercial Airlines and General Aviation Resellers, Proprietary and Nonproprietary Terminal Managers:
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely creation, input, change and or maintenance of pricing and master data for the Aviation customers in the following regions: Americas East or West, Latin America, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Reviews and processes New/Renew/Gain/Loss Outcome Reports. Confirms and coordinates with the Marketing Services and Performance (MS&P) Partner changes and/or additions on the new or renewed contract details such as differentials, mode of transport, invoice frequency to name a few.
- Analyzes, investigates and resolves mater data and/or pricing inquiries in coordination with the SME and other support groups such as IT, Marketing Services and Performance Partners, Finance teams, etc.
2) Primary contact for the following C&I-related back-office processes: Master Data Setup / Maintenance, Account deactivation, Seasonal Product Switch, Sales Policy Adjustments (SPA) and Sales Realization Adjustment (SRA), Open Orders.
3) Closely monitors blocked orders for Aviation bulk-sales. Ensures that the 1-hour SLA in requesting for price update from the Commercial Products' Pricing Specialist is met and that order release request is sent to the Customer Advocate and order is invoiced in 24 hours.
- Professionals or students with at least 4 years of working experience.
- Advanced English level.
- Ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies.
- Enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing improvements to processes.
- Have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate commitment to uphold Chevron's values and standards.
- Experience using SAP
- Daily use of English at current job
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.