Baker Huges is looking for a Sr Network Engineer withgeneral experience in LAN/WAN network engineering (including network design), installation, configuration, and maintenance of various network equipment (routers, switches, and associated technologies, as well as at least five (05) years of experience with VoIP phone technology.
The role of an Implementation Services Sr Network Engineer is to interpret a customer request and then transform that request into a successful project. A successful project is one that meets the customer's requirements, is delivered on time, and has a positive impact on the business of BHGE.
The Sr Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This includes project management, pre-sales, customer service, solution design, implementation, and technical support. The Senior Staff Engineer is responsible for all network equipment used by Baker Hughes that directly affects communication for field operations. The direct responsibilities include solution design, implementation, and technical support.Other responsibilities include participating in projects managed by service coordinators, pre-sales and customer service. The bespoke nature of the account requires this role to be filled by very high performing individual who can independently work to achieve the customer's requirements, perform well in a high-pressure environment, and interact with both junior and senior client staff in a professional manner
This position is located in Houston, TX.Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
- Assist in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at the project level.
- Participate in the infrastructure architecture governance model.
- Participate in the development of software, data, and technology.
- Contribute to the designs and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in architecture.
- LAN, MAN and WAN devices
- Cisco Routing and Switching - CCIE level knowledge
- Juniper Routing and Switching
- QOS for WAN and LAN
- Voice over IP
- Multicast in the WAN and LAN
- Eigrp and BGP Routing Protocols
- VSAT Technologies
- Strong understanding of design of computing or network or storage to meet business application system qualities
- Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
- Certification(s) (Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCIE-Security); Minimum Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP)
- Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
- Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks, and benefits.
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
- Applies values, policies, procedures, and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
- Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
- Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.