Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: Drafting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $25 - $50 per hour
Location: Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
NES Global Talent is excited to announce that our office has an incredible job opportunity with one of the country's largest chemical distribution organizations out of their Kings Mountain, NC location for a Mechanical Designer. This individual would be employed on a contract to hire basis and be responsible for providing mechanical design and electronic drafting of equipment, piping systems, and plant areas for capital and manufacturing site projects. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at (312)241-5175 or email@example.com. Additional job details can be found below.
Location: Kings Mountain, NC (near Charlotte).
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Pay Range: Negotiable based on candidates experience and skillset.
Duration: Contract will start ASAP and last 12 months with a possibility for contract extensions beyond 12 months.
- Design plant piping systems using AutoCAD.
- Complete equipment layout design and drawings for new equipment installations.
- Complete piping isometric designs and layouts in 3D
- Effectively plan and meet capital project budget requirements.
- Complete Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID's).
- Schedule design / drafting project tasks for contract designers.
- Travel domestically to other worksites to assist in projects.
- Must have at least 5+ years in mechanical drafting and designing of piping systems.
- Must be well versed in Auto Desk, Faro (or comparable program), and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be experienced with laser scanning, field verifications, and P&ID's.
- Must be comfortable traveling domestically up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience with Plant 3D would be a big plus.
- Previous experience in Civil Design would be a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Charlotte, NC area are HIGHLY preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.