Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Ensure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellent (OE) standards and regulatory and code requirements.
- Perform all work activities safely to meet commitments related to terminal operations.
- Work closely with and take direction from the Head Plant Operator.
- May coordinate with Supply Schedulers, suppliers and transporters for all products.
- Performs inspections and maintenance to ensure proper operation and environmental integrity.
- Schedule, direct and/or perform maintenance activities as needed.
- Execute preventative maintenance plan.
- Perform activities in the tank yard and Tank Truck Loading Rack (TTLR) areas. For Example: Gauging Tanks, Switching tanks serving TTLR, Performing daily inspections and Performing intra-terminal product movements.
- Maintain terminal records as directed. For example: Stock Control, Waste/regulatory and Additive inventory
- Perform Inventory Reconciliation
- Assure compliance with all operating procedures, operating requirements, and Safe Work Practices by anyone who comes into the facility.
- Assist Head Plant Operator in Training contractors on LPS and applicable SWP's as directed.
- Train and certify new drivers on LPS and loading operations as directed.
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, participating in Loss Prevention System and being prepared to respond to any type of incident.
- Perform various terminal tasks that may come up in the course and scope of a Plant operator's job.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime to support terminal operations, and respond to emergency situations when they arise.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and working on top of product storage tanks over 20 feet high and lift 30-35 pounds.
- Plant Terminal Operator Experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance repairs (mechanically inclined).
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to operate sophisticated fuel automation and computer systems.
- Experience in lubricants, oil, and gas or related petrochemical or petroleum products.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new CBT packages.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written. Good Organizational skills.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.