Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Civil Specialist will support Harvest Energy Services, Inc. in managing and providing quality control oversite for civil and structural works for energy construction projects. Position will be primarily based on energy project sites across the United States.
· Civil Specialist will support the site manager to perform owner's representation oversite and quality control for civil works.
· Inspect civil works including roads, grading, and concrete foundations to ensure compliance with design documents.
· Oversee road installation including witnessing proof rolls and nuclear density testing.
· Inspect rebar installation prior to foundation pours.
· Review foundation break test results to ensure adequate strength is reached.
· Review mix design and inspect batch plant for quality control issues.
· Ensure contractor is installing BMPs in compliance with the SWPPP.
· Inspect road installations for adequate drainage in compliance with the design documents.
· Responsible for tracking punch list items and ensuring that they are adequately closed out on site.
· Recommend acceptance of completed civil works.
· Report any issues to the site manager.
· Document and track any non-conformities to close out.
· Attend all pertinent on site meetings, including plan of day meetings.
- Maintain quality control documentation for all civil works.
- Serve as point of contact for civil questions from the EPC contractor.
- Tracks non-conformances and quality items to closure.
- Ensures punch list items are resolved and closed adequately.
- Provides recommendations for acceptance of civil works.
- Works collaboratively with site manager and other site team members, as well as project manager.
- Upholds safety standards and requirements and ensures safety protocols on site are followed.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
- Represent the organization professionally.
· Ability to work overtime and shift work, including holidays and weekends
· This position requires 100% travel to remote project sites throughout the US.
- Must be willing to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
· Strong attention to detail and execution excellence.
· Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
· Work cooperatively or independently and inspires a team effort with all tasks. Communicate pro-actively.
Qualifications & Critical Skills
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the solar and/or wind construction industry.
- Able to create and maintain documents in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Past experience both installing and inspecting roads and foundations.
- Demonstrated understanding of both civil and structural installation and quality control inspections.
· Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and problem-solving techniques.
· Proficient with computers and possesses working knowledge of MS Office and document management systems; e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, Dropbox, etc.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Attentive to details and efficient.
· Must have a valid current driver license.