Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Worley are looking for a Statutory Accountant to join their team in Aberdeen on a fixed term 12 month basis.
We have an opportunity for a fixed term role working on some significant statutory projects which result from several years of high acquisition activity within the Company.
You will work on either a Full-Time basis or on Part-Time hours to be agreed and will manage key projects including (but not limited to) Legal Entity Rationalization and the Management of the Statutory deadlines for a significant amount of legal entity accounts submissions.
Reporting directly to the UK Accounting Manager and working as part of a fast-growing team consolidating UK workload into Aberdeen, you will help deliver key statutory accounting projects. Key responsibilities are currently as follows but will vary by entity and over time:
- Manage the timeline of stat preparation / audit and subsequent submission of all stat accounts for y/e June 20.
- Working closely with legal and tax departments, lead the legal entity rationalization program for finance targeting a significant reduction in entity numbers by June 2021
- Audit focal point for cross company disclosures / issues / recommendations.
- Ensuring Directors are aware of their obligations for submission of accounts.
Required qualifications / certification:
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- First-rate technical skills, with proven experience of success in closing legal entities
- Excellent project manager, with proven success in meeting challenging targets.