Primat Recruitment is looking for a Setting Out Engineer to be based in a Birmingham.
- Setting Out Track levels, alignment and geometry and site surveys with survey equipment (Total Station, Trimble or Leica).
- Working closely with the CRE, providing technical support to the project team Creating and briefing Construction Phase Plans, Work Package Plans and Task Analysis of design drawings.
- Setting out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy
- Ensuring that quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with Client specification
- Provide engineering support to ensure any technical problems are overcome
- Conducting pre-start site surveys
- Timely handover of works and quality records without outstanding defects
- Working closely with the Project Manager and installation teams
- Collating and submitting Health and Safety files in accordance with CDM Issuing Permits to Dig (Buried Services)/Hot Works
- Permit Setting Out and Installation and maintenance of Track Drainage.
- You must be able to demonstrate having previously worked on Rail projects
- Demonstrable experience of Setting out Engineering in a Rail/Lightrail and construction-based environment
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, Health & Safety and legal regulations.
- Valid CSCS card and excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with site-based team and clients
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and proven troubleshooting skills.