International Maritime Indistries is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to manage the mechanical and/or HVAC discipline in the assigned project(s) , also to oversee a team of mechanical designers while carrying out design engineering and 3D modelling
- Review of pump and motor curves and ventilation calculations.
- Guidance and review of the equipment specification and datasheet.
- Preparation of Design basis, Project specific specifications for EPC projects and other projects involving Basic /
Detail engineering. Feasibility studies and Tender document preparation.
- Material engineering which includes preparation of Purchase specifications, Purchase requisitions, Technical
bid analysis, Vendor document / drawing evaluation after order.
- Construction engineering activities including MTOs, shop drawings and job package preparation and issue.
- Co-ordination with Internal Departments, Clients & Inspection Agencies.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents.
- Attend project review meetings.
- Responsible for change management and trend notifications.
- Monitor budget compliance of design deliverable production.
- Ensure Compliance to HSES policies and procedures as applicable.
- Activity planning, work assignment, work scheduling and monitoring. Inter disciplinary checks & co-ordination.
- Ensure Compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures
- 10 + years in engineering department of any offshore rig building or ship building industry
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering
Competencies & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of International codes & standards, Maritime regulations and class rules
- Exposure to AutoCAD and 3D design tools like AVEVA
- Exposure to equipment sizing and calculations in jack up rigs or ships.
- Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regard to continuous improvement.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.