Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
Our client is a Global Oil & Gas Petrochemical company who are recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer with experience in oil & gas or Chemical industry to work in Guildford or West Yorkshire on a staff basis
- Involves leading & supporting design projects & supporting mechanical installation work
- Becoming a 'Technical Authority' in Critical engineering topics within our business.
- Providing emergency backup to resolve plant breakdown and performance issues.
- Being accountable for the delivery of discipline engineering element of projects.
- Writing technical specifications, obtaining competent 3rd party service and to deliver from a technical, commercial (SHEQ, cost & time) perspective.
- Provide accurate cost/time estimates.
Key Skills and Experience
Experience in any of the following:
- Industrial gases, Gas to Liquids, LNG, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Gas systems, onshore gases or chemical
- Experience in Rotating equipment or Machinery
- Experience in Pipework
- The theoretical, practical and professional aspects of your chosen discipline
- The appropriate Legislative and Regulatory requirements of Process Industries
- Prioritising, working under pressure and making decisions
- Making considered judgements on risk levels
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Communicating & influencing within teams
- PC literacy: (MS Office suite; SAP, AutoCad etc)
- Ability to network within all levels within or outside the organisation.
- Experience of working in technical roles in the process industry
- Practical experience in the industrial gas industry would be advantageous but not a necessity.
- Relevant Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering (HNC may also be considered)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements