Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Worley is currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to work in our Aberdeen office on a permanent basis.
As Financial Accountant, you will take responsibility for a variety of tasks supporting month-end close, and for other longer-term accounting projects, providing a bespoke accounting service to a variety of Senior Financial Analysts throughout the UK.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for assisting the business to implement efficient and diligent financial practices. As well as assuring financial outputs, you will also add value as part of the overall team by adapting, automating, and making more efficient all finance processes; and by living out company values on a day by day basis.
Reporting directly to the Senior Financial Analyst for Worley Services UK Ltd, and working as part of a fast-growing team consolidating UK workload into Aberdeen, you will deliver financial outputs relating to various UK entities. Key responsibilities are currently as follows but will vary by entity and over time:
- Managing and / or preparation of complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaising with acquired entities to ensure control processes are fully understood and being followed, and that information flow to operations is at the right level.
- Support to Senior Financial Analysts in statutory accounts preparation - for example, intercompany balancing across entities, standardization of disclosures on leases and personnel, audit queries.
- Liaising with Shared Services Centers in Kuala Lumpur & India on balance sheet issues / reconciliations.
- Support to Senior Financial Analysts at month-end in a variety of areas:
- Consolidation and review of foreign exchange revaluation entries.
- Review of fixed asset accounting.
- Journal accuracy and completeness.
- HFM to Oracle reconciliations.
- Other, entity dependent.
Required qualifications / certification:
- Dynamic, strategic thinker.
- First-rate analytical skills, with the ability to present findings to people across departments.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Good knowledge of technical accounting theory and practice.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Excellent at building relationships and working with other teams.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial.