Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Drilling Technical Assistant, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
The role supports the business by providing the highest standards of technical and administrative support to the UKBU Well Engineering Manager, Subsurface Manager, Engineering Manager and their respective teams.
- Focal point for the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) Well Operations and Notifications System (WONS); advising and overseeing compliance with the process, submitting applications, notifications and consents as required.
- Focal point for Review meetings; including the collation of data for input into the database and providing support as required
- Focal point for the Wells section of the Annual OGA Stewardship Survey
- Focal point and administrator for company IDS Reporting System (including the Lessons Learned database); performing QAQC of daily reports and providing support as required.
- Prepare, assist and review Wells Standards, Procedures and /or Guidelines including presentations / reports using Microsoft Software (i.e. Word, Excel or PowerPoint).
- Coordinate and monitor the competency database for all Wells (both onshore and offshore) personnel (i.e. CASMAX & SAWMAX competency assessment tools).
- Coordinate and monitor the new start induction process, ensuring all Wells personnel are aware and acknowledge compliance with the Well Engineering Management Standards (WEMS) / HSE Management Standards / Well Delivery Process and all relevant Government Regulations.
- Coordinate and issue Wells duty rota and administer travel request / bookings.
- Maintain the Wells electronic filing system, be knowledgeable of "Completions Manager" to create / amend Well Schematics
- Manage and respond to ad hoc well data requirements from the OGA and other stakeholders (both internal and external) as requested, including (as required) the weekly well operation reports to the HSE
- Be competent in the use of Maximo to raise purchase requisitions, PO amendments, and carry out Invoice Receipting (company specific training will be provided).
- As required provide TA / PA support to the Wells team (including Subsurface & Engineering functions) by organising training, meetings, crew engagements, team builds etc. and other general administrative support for e.g. issuing meeting minutes, updating organograms, submitting expenses and assisting with the development of the Wells Connect site
- HNC or equivalent education degree preferred and /or previous experience as a Technical Assistant & PA experience in a Wells and /or operations environment.
Skills / experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position.
- Experience / knowledge of drilling / Wells, subsurface and operations requirements.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- Computer literate with excellent software knowledge, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledgeable in the use of the WONs database and application process.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Casmax / Sawmax competency systems.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Maximo as a procurement system.
- Knowledgeable in the use of IDS as an operations reporting / lessons learned system.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
- Works effectively within a team or other work group as appropriate.
- Gathers information to understand problems and issues, making recommendations and /or taking action as appropriate.
- Manages own workload effectively.
- Show initiative and ability to deal proactively with any situation that develops.
- Exceptionally well organised with the ability to be flexible in prioritising deliverables and planning accordingly.