Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Electrical Supervisor
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all instrumentation and computer-based control systems onboard the unit in accordance with the regulatory and company requirements
- Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from accredited technical school, trade school or college.
- 5 years of electrical systems with two of these years offshore or two years experience with an industry degree with one of these years offshore
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams. Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electrical systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
- Maintain and repair all electronic and instrumentation systems onboard
- Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
- Maintain up to date back ups, images and computers. Preserve control system software and ensure software is stored in a secure location
- Participate in the effective management of the Company Maintenance Management System and ensure records are maintained in a timely manner
- Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
- Conversant with the Programmable Logic Computer (PLC) system and networking drive control systems
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with OEM and onshore staff
- Ensure that the maintenance log and all reports are accurate and complete
- Ensure electronic and instrument inventory is maintained in order to facilitate safe and efficient operation of the unit
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System
- Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on all electronic equipment are carried out
- Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
- Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
- Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix.
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Senior Electronic Technician Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: