St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Skills: Subsea Engineer, Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible, West Aquarius
JOB SUMMARY: Performs the maintenance and repair of all technical and mechanical equipment onboard the unit. Ensures that all legal, regulatory rules, regulations and company policies and procedures are adhered to by personnel.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Offshore or Marine Environment
- 2nd Assistant Engineer STCW '95 III/2 and flag state equivalent
- Broad range of mechanical and electrical skills. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Ensure effective use of the Company's Maintenance Management System
- Ensure that personnel complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all company policies, regulatory laws and regulations
- Assists the Technical Section Leader with all certificates for Class, Flag State and regulatory body requirements
- Assist in planning and coordinating all preventative and corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with other department heads to avoid downtime
- Perform maintenance of all the unit's systems including the piping system according to the maintenance program
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation system are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
- Promote and develop maintenance task optimization and provide feedback to technical team/maintenance manager. Follow up and implement approved changed to IFS
- Work with Technical Section Leader and other supervisors to coordinate daily work activities accordingly
- Assist the Technical Section Leader to ensure that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig
- Develop and promote effective troubleshooting condition evaluation and root cause failure analysis programs for all technical equipment
- Responsible for coordinating management of change for design modification of equipment and vessel
- Ensure technical inventory is maintained within budget and at operating levels
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, lubes, potable water and drill water
- Assist the electrical department with repair and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
- Assist the drilling department with repair and maintenance of drilling equipment as required
- Ensure equipment is maintained as per company and manufacturer's recommendations
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Carry out classification surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery
- Monitor the power plant controls and power distribution. Ensure power is available at all times
- Assist other departments to ensure first line maintenance is performed effectively
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the Client representative
- Liaise with shore bases technical staff to ensure a timely transfer of knowledge within the fleet
- Assist Chief Engineer with preparing budget
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per training matrix
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Assistant Technical Section Leader (2nd Class Engineering Certificate) Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: