Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manila, Philippines
Make A Difference
If you are a Planning Lead with extensive hands-on experience in Supply Chain and a successful track record in operational excellence, problem-solving and analysis, then this is your chance to join Shell Philippines
What's the role?
Reporting to the Country LSC Manager, the role holder will lead the Country's LSC Planning team to optimize the integrated end to end performance of the supply; optimizing and managing of key supply chain business processes (planning processes, Supply Chain integration) of the Operating Unit (OU) LSC planning organization.
The role holder leads the country planning operations team for the country and is accountable for leading the team in developing the supply plan for the Operating unit across the entire planning horizon for the allocated portfolio (products, locations, resources) to ensure that the right product is available at each location in order to meet customer orders.
This includes the integration and effectiveness of each of its component parts (Supply Planning, Production Planning and Scheduling, Component Planning for Toll Filler).
The role holder will develop the supply plan across the entire planning horizon for the allocated portfolio (products, locations, resources) to ensure that the right product is available at each location in order to meet customer orders. This role is key to identifying and maintaining the tactical parameters for replenishment planning to ensure efficient and effective sourcing and replenishment of products through the network. This position is also expected to carry out the deployment activities within the RDC and warehouses within PH, ensuring the correct inventory is moved from source to destination location by Logistics. This role will also coordinate any communication of stock availability information to Customer Service in relation to Large and Urgent orders as placed by customers.
This role is key to identifying and maintaining the tactical parameters for replenishment planning to ensure efficient and effective sourcing and replenishment of products through the network.
This is a commercially focused operational and tactical role.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead the country planning operations team
- Review of Inventory targets and planning data: The Country Planning Lead is the operationally accountable person that ensures that for the supply portfolio all replenishment planning parameters are understood, reviewed and maintained. He/She owns the setting of the stocking strategy and relevant safety stocks for the SKUs and locations in the supply portfolio.
- Ownership and management of inventory: The Country Planning Lead will monitor and respond to inventory levels for the full planning horizon against targets defined (e.g. buffer levels) for the supply portfolio. He/she continuously improve supply chain optimization, inventory holding (including warehouse capacity consumption/utilization) and customer service (e.g. OTIF and reviewing CSI).
- The Country Planning Lead is accountable for identifying and eliminating waste (e.g, preventing excess stock, identifying slow-moving and potential obsolete SKUs) for their supply portfolio.
- Preparation of operational plans and management of supply issues: Medium and Long Term planning responsibilities, as the owner of the replenishment plan across the horizon for the supply portfolio is accountable for DDS&OP and IBV/S&OP process and sign-offs on the agreed operating plan, ensuring the various elements are integrated:
- The attributes of demand are understood (size of demand, forecast accuracy, PLM)
- Capacity utilization is visible by key resource area (e.g. Warehouse, Bulk Facility, Toll filler capacity and packaging capacity)
- He/She ensures appropriate communication between functions is supported by facts to enable improved decision making on scenarios, opportunities, constraints - product introductions and withdrawals are made in a timely, efficient manner
- Supports the envelope level strategic capacity management and overall network cost-effectiveness through periodic right-sizing" initiatives.
- Ensure that master data (static and dynamic) remains accurate.
- Logistics (DC and transportation) capabilities and capacities are clearly understood and visible at a strategic (annual), tactical (quarterly), and operational (monthly) level of granularity.
- To create Stock Transfer Orders using the appropriate tools (e.g. DDMRP, R3) based on the confirmed deployment plan. Ensures necessary master data is accurately maintained on a consistent basis and to intervene where/when required to address exceptions/issues in this process.
- To maintain close cross-functional liaison with logistics to identify critical physical stock levels in the relevant locations (DCS), product for transfer and date(s) to execute the move in line with replenishment plans.
- To be the first point of contact in case of Large Order or Urgent Order queries.
- Performance review and management: Accountable for integrated supply chain performance against key measures (OTIF, DIO) to ensure that agreed service levels are met at optimal costs and will work with Country LSC Lead to lead improvements in integrated supply chain performance.
- To review Inventory targets and planning data. Is operationally accountable for the supply portfolio and ensures all replenishment planning parameters are understood, reviewed and maintained. He/She owns the setting of the stocking strategy and relevant safety stocks for the SKUs and locations in the supply portfolio.
- Preparation of operational plans and management of supply issues. He/she identifies supply issues via alert identification and manages resolution appropriately. He/she uses the options available (consume safety stock, redistribute inventory, expedite replenishment) to most effectively resolve supply issues.
- Manages STEMs where implemented.
- Stakeholder Engagement engages with multiple stakeholders to understand demand fluctuations and SKU offtakes (demand planners)on inventory holding, to understand and be aware of operational issues(production/toller schedulers), to agree operating plan(material planners)to ensure a smooth NPI and withdrawal process(PLM).
- Plays a leading role in engagement with Sales Team Leaders at OU levels, to ensure required inputs and agreements on product portfolio and lifecycle management (via Regional PLM), delivery promise (via Country Ops and logistics) and demand planning (via Regional Demand Planning)
- Is local lead for Third Party Manufacturers/Toll Fillers, owner of contract management plans, which include risk, and performance management action plans.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
What we need from you:
- Lubricants experience preferred
- At least 3 years of hands-on supply chain experience
- Supply Chain Planning experience preferred
- Successful track record in operational excellence preferred
- Track record with successfully leading and managing change projects preferred
- People management skills and experience essential
- Excellent analytical skills synthesize complex problems into clear language essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills preferred
- Efficient handling of multiple projects at the same time preferred
- Experience with ERP system implementations, GSAP and APO preferred
- Good stakeholders' management skills and the ability to influence without authority preferred
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video