TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced SR. ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
to be based in Qatar by a leading oil and gas operating company.
To Qualify, candidate must posses the following:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer / Professional Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- 10 years relevant post graduate experience should be related to the Oil & Gas industry.
- Ability to identify and utilise relevant engineering standards and Codes related to Rotating Equipment Engineering.
- Proven ability to manage time, cost and quality in engineering projects within a multiple project environment.
- Good communications and presentation skills with fluency in English.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Rotating Equipment Engineering activities for projects, from initial concept definition phase through engineering studies, FEED, detailed design and commissioning.
- Create, develop and review work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities. Ensure that the work-scopes are comprehensive and clear.
- Ensure that the required engineering standards and company technical assurance practices are followed whilst conducting Rotating Equipment Engineering activities. Review technical deviations and variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
- Carry out in-house site surveys, engineering / design.
- Review and approve method statements created by contracted organisations for scope compliance. Liaise with contracted organisations to resolve technical issues.
- Produce, review, check and approve in-house designs and specifications.
- Co-ordinate designs, specifications and work-scopes created by multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Develop, update and monitor schedules for in-house engineering activities.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements.
- Ensure that the requirements of environmental and safety policies are incorporated into designs and work-scopes.
- Review, evaluate and approve/reject Contract Changes / Variations.
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance.
- Support Assistant Manager to review, update and apply company standards and company's amendment to external standards.
- Support the development of personal technical competency and skills and those of Co-workers. Participate in structured training for Qatari Engineers under development.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.