Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
- Complete Human Resources related transactions utilizing various systems and according to established process and procedural manuals. Identify incorrect data received on forms and work with document submitter to resolve. Provide assistance to document submitters to identify most effective way to accurately and efficiently process desired transaction.
- Respond to employee questions received through inbound calls or emails; research questions and follow-up with the requestor as appropriate using procedures, policy manuals, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering employee/manager inquiries and resolving issues
- Participate in enterprise-wide HR projects
- Escalate employee inquiries or systems issues to appropriate subject matter experts when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience handling employee situations and using conflict resolution skills.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Ability to communicate professionally and deliver high quality customer service
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work as a team member including the ability to be flexible with changing priorities based on the business need
- Ability to multi-task and effectively complete work amid distractions
- Ability to problem solve and anticipate concerns
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of HR concepts and terminology
- Experience in an HR Service Center environment
- Experience with HR Management Systems (i.e. Success Factors, SAP preferred)
- Experience with ADP Payroll system
- Educational and Professional Requirements
- High school Diploma or GED; some college preferred
- If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.