Skills: Research & Development, Geophysicist
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the team:
The seismic analytics team in Bangalore is part of the global subsurface imaging technology research outfit. The team aims to discover, develop, demonstrate and deploy new and innovative solutions to seismic imaging aided by machine learning solutions where feasible. The current research focus is in the areas of full waveform inversions for velocity modeling and reservoir properties, passive seismic interferometry, micro seismic imaging and event detection and accelerated/improved pre-processing of seismic data. There is also an ambition to build capability in shear wave processing and imaging.
- The individual is expected to do research and development /experimental processing
- The individual will work closely with imaging research teams from Houston and Amsterdam and will be guided by the senior and principal experts in the Bangalore team
- Coaching & Mentoring junior staff
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
?What we need from you:
- Ph.D. degree in the areas of geophysical research and development or Ph.D. degree in applied physics, applied mathematics or computational sciences
- A proven track record of more than 5 years of experience in an industrial or academia on the relevant subject
- A demonstratable working attitude that puts priority on safety.
- A team player with good oral and written communication skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video