The role of the Seismic Processing Geophysicist
sits within Shell's Geophysics West organization reporting to the Team Lead, Exploration - East & Growth Imaging, in Houston.
Where you fit in?
Geophysics West provides Geophysical Processing and Geo Operations support to the Shell's Upstream and Integrated Gas Lines of Business (LoBs) in the Western Hemisphere, with staff in USA (Houston, New Orleans), Canada (Calgary), and Brazil (Rio de Janeiro).
What is the role?
This position is responsible for executing seismic processing projects delivered by the Exploration - East & Growth Imaging team to Asset Exploration teams in the Gulf of Mexico. This includes timely delivery of products of a quality and cost that meet all business objectives and give Shell a competitive advantage.
Other responsibilities are as follow:
Member of a team responsible for effective delivery of seismic processing products and services to support the offshore exploration business in the Western Hemisphere. Maximize business impact by on-time delivery of high quality seismic technologies and products to asset teams. Maintain effective communication with asset. Understand business objectives and align our work with fit for purpose solutions to meet business needs.
- Work within a diverse and sometimes remote team environment, deliver assigned seismic imaging products and services which are timely and provide upstream business assets a competitive advantage (including quality control and appropriate application of technology)
- Follow strict Project Management protocols for all seismic processing projects, including project scoping, creation of Project Authorization Forms and Management of Change documents as necessary, project tracking (staff and compute time), archiving, and project close-out
- Communicate progress and results to customers / partners on a regular agreed-upon basis and conclude with final reports, archival of products, and closeout
- Interact effectively with seismic survey design, seismic interpreters (SI), and other teams as needed
- Disseminate knowledge via best practice work processes, After Action Reviews, and publication of internal / external technical reports
- Maintain confidentiality appropriate to play/project
- Contribute actively and participate in HSSE activities, enabling safe delivery of departmental goals
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
We are keen on hiring someone who has at least 8 years of industry experience in Marine Seismic Data Processing and Anisotropic velocity model building.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must have a master's or higher degree in Geophysics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
- must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with staff and clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong ability to interact with remote project team and asset is needed
- Ability to manage and support projects under strict project management framework will be required hence project management skills are essential
- Ability to work and flourish in an ambiguous environment, one in which there will often be no definitive right or wrong answers, only choices.
- Be able to seek out expert advice when necessary and implement new technologies or workflows
- Knowledge of the E&P business and geology is an asset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.