Our downstream manufacturing site at Pernis, Rotterdam is a joint oil refinery and chemicals manufacturing site. It produces a broad range of products that are used for various everyday products from paints to petrol.
Pernis has its own distribution system and power generation of approximately 200 megawatts. Power is distributed over the site on voltage levels of 66kV, 25kV, 11kV, 6kV, 3kV and low voltage. All kinds of electrical equipment can be found, e.g. HV and LV motors, HV and LV VSDS systems, UPS systems, generators, HV and LV switchgear. There is a large and complex project scope to replace aged equipment, add new plant equipment and to make improvements to the existing plant.
And that's why we need you: a hands-on electrical project engineer to join our team. Several positions are available.What will you do?
Our Pernis site is a great place for engineers who want to deepen and widen their technical skills. You'll join the team to give us your expertise on technical maintenance, project support, and assurance across the site (seven Refinery and two Chemicals production units at Pernis and Europoort). You'll be the project engineer for several small to large size projects, responsible for the assurance and support of these projects.
Here are some of the things you'll do in the role:
- You'll act as a senior authorised electrical person on site
- You'll collaborate closely with external partners like contractors, engineering contractors, and vendors. You'll help to manage the performance and quality standards of these external parties
- Help carry out the initial site surveys and costings. You'll put together cost estimates, assess what equipment is needed and which partners or suppliers might be required. You'll also complete the appropriate benchmarking of costs
- You'll help to initiate electrical project proposals and move them forward to approval
- You'll provide assurance on commissioning of electrical equipment (both Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test)
- You'll contribute to up-to-date plans and asset strategies for electrical systems, and develop and maintain electrical standards
- Stay up to date with technological developments to help us get the most out of our resources.
- You'll provide technical advice in respect of maintenance repairs, overhauls, and failure diagnosis
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.COMPANY DESCRIPTION
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you?
You'll be a qualified electrical engineer and you'll be the self-starting and hands-on type. You'll have a great mix of analytical and communications skills. And you'll be able to influence others and convey your technical expertise to a wide audience that may not have a technical background.
- Have a Bachelor or Master's degree in electrical engineering
- Have substantial experience with in-depth technical knowledge
- You have solid experience in leading the electrical scope for larger projects in a similar industrial environment or in utilities, specifically on engineering support of plant and/or distribution installations
- Enjoy building deep and successful working relationships in project teams
- Love a technical challenge. You'll like to work on a variety of different systems and 'figuring it out'
- Be able to demonstrate your experience in troubleshooting and incident investigations
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.