Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
GIS Manager - 12 Months Contract - 28 x 28 Rotation - Iraq
GIS Manager Essential:- 10+ years' experience in enterprise GIS system. Minimum of a Master's degree in GIS, Engineer, Computer Science, Natural Science or a related field. Deep understanding of following platforms: Erdas Imagine, ESRI ArcGIS (including ArcMap, ArcSDE, ArcObject, ArcIMS, Image Server, ArcGIS Server, MosaicDataset, Portal for ArcGIS), AutoCAD, GDAL etc. Developing GIS desktop, web & mobile applications. Experience in MS Visual Studio, silverLight, Oracle database, MS SQL Server, Python, model builder & batch processing
GIS Manager Synopsis
The GIS manager is responsible for supervisory & technical administrative work in managing & directing all GIS activities. He/she will have expertise in areas such as GIS system application, GIS enterprise system development, GIS data acquisition & data processing, as well as IT hardware, software, system & network.
GIS Manager Key Accountabilities
- GIS Management: manage & coordinate all programs & activities of the site's GIS functions, includes providing technical leads & enhancement of programs.
- System Development: Supervises, plans, coordinates, & directs the work of the GIS development as well as variety of data development, data maintenance & migrations.
- GIS Asset: Oversee & maintain site's GIS related hardware & software.
- GIS Budget: Manages the GIS department budget, makes & monitors purchase orders & other expenditures.
- GIS Survey: organize GIS survey work & acquire GIS data for site.
- Contract management: Drafts, negotiates & monitors contracts related to GIS system, various GIS & engineering Surveys
- Staff Training: Train GIS department staff & staffs from other departments when necessary.
GIS Manager Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum of a master's degree in GIS, engineer, computer science, natural science or a related field.
- 10+ years' experience in enterprise GIS system.
- Team work oriented & be able to work with wide range of people from different countries & cultural backgrounds
- Self-motivated, pro-active & be able to multi-task
- Extensive understanding & knowledge of GIS systems, including GIS data, their metadata, geospatial database, geospatial data fusion, desktop GIS, web & mobile GIS application, future trend & development as well as some of the most popular platforms, such as ArcGIS & open source platforms.
- Deep understanding of following platforms: Erdas Imagine, ESRI ArcGIS (including ArcMap, ArcSDE, ArcObject, ArcIMS, Image Server, ArcGIS Server, MosaicDataset, Portal for ArcGIS), AutoCAD, GDAL etc.
- Understand & know-how to manipulate/process various GIS data, including data gathering, QA/QC, editing, geodatabase creation & management, & metadata building
- Be able to capture business requirements & coordinate software development teams
- Be able to coordinate with program stakeholders & translate technical concepts into layman's terms
- Experience in developing GIS desktop, web & mobile applications
- Experience in MS Visual Studio, silverLight, Oracle database, MS SQL Server, Python, model builder & batch processing
- Very good oral & written English. Be able to easily communicate with local & international employees. Be able to draft, correct & finalize various technical contracts, SoW & SoR.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.