Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £36.00 - £40.00 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Principal Structural Engineer to be based in a client office in Aberdeen for a minimum duration of 9 months.
You will join the Civil, Structural, Architectural and Weight Control Department (CSAW) which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments it involves sub-sea and topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and architectural engineering.
- You will maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations
- Ensure as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit sites when necessary
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Commitment to and promotion of the values and ensuring the realisation of the company along with the project, health & safety, environmental, quality & ethics, systems and policies & procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer in appropriate engineering subject
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise with experience of offshore Operations support
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experience with decommissioning methods, heavy lift and platform lift
- Experience with subsea structural design of towheads, pipelines and subsea manifolds
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Able to work collaboratively within a Client Operator organisation.