Skills: HR - General
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, based in Aberdeen, has an opportunity for a Part-time HR Lead/Manager. This is a stand-alone position. This role is available on a staff basis, approx. 25 hours per week (working pattern to be agreed)
- Act as a specialist with regards to HR related issues and be actively involved in supporting the HR needs of the leadership team, managers, team leads, employees and contractors.
- Own the HR processes and procedures; ensure they are executed as appropriate.
- Develop and the execute the HR strategy in line with business objectives and plans.
- Identify HR improvement opportunities, implement corresponding activities.
- Support the EVP & VP UK in delivering organisational, cultural and behavioural change.
- Promote high levels of people engagement throughout the organisation.
- Champion the ambition for the company to become an employer of choice; support the leadership team in positioning the company to meet external award criteria.
- Ensure that the organisational chart remains up to date and all positions have an accurate role profile.
- Prepare the annual HR budget; ensure spend remains within budget.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process from identifying the need for the position to the end of the probationary period.
- Act as the interface and focal point for external recruitment agencies.
Onboarding & Offboarding:
- Ensure new hire documentation and onboarding remain effective.
- Ensure that interview tests are aligned with recruitment requirements.
- Collate exit interview feedback; make recommendations for improvements.
- Support the leadership team in identifying top talent for future leadership and technical roles.
- Ensure that employee performance reviews are undertaken in line with the annual schedule.
- Ensure all employees are set SMART annual objectives; ensure they are reviewed quarterly.
- Ensure all employees have meaningful training and development plans.
- Support the leadership team in developing effective succession plans for critical roles.
- Ensure compensation remains competitive within the local market, ensure any changes are within budget.
- Ensure employee benefits remain competitive within the local market; ensure any changes are within budget.
HR Policies & Documentation:
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are up to date.
- Ensure all Disciplinaries, Capabilities and Grievances are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner, in line with UK Employment Law.
- Act as the interface to the external HR service provider (Peninsula); call upon their services as appropriate.
- Manage the BrightHR HR tool; ensure that all employee records are up to date and in line with GDPR.
- Act as GDPR data controller and focal point regarding personal data; ensure data processors are aware of the regulations and employees are informed of any updates.
- BA or equivalent HRM degree
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience working in a comparable HR role, preferably within O&G but not essential.
- Working understanding of UK Employment Law
- Extensive experience in employee relations
- Negotiation skills
- Good business understanding
- Training and mentoring skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- People management skills
- Experience in working in a matrix organisation
- Mediation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Performance Management
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Concern for Impact
- Concern for Excellence
- People Development