Skills: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Pipeline Engineer for a contract role in Edmonton. The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
High Level Description
To oversee the design for pipelines and related facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule. Liason with other functional groups within Projects, Operations and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
- Ensures that all pipelines and associatd facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate specifications and standards
- Defines the scope, schedule and budget for the design and materials for pipeline projects
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule
- Reviews and approves design deliverables for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example pipe, valves and fittings.
- Reviews and approves fabrication and assembly approval drawings for engineered equipment, and other fabrications (prefabricated buildings, piping fabrications, pig trap barrels, etc.)
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers within the team
- Support department initiatives as required
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Civil or Chemical
- P. Eng. designation in Canada
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Problem solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- 7 - 10 years of natural gas pipeline design experience for onshore transmission lines in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of industry codes in Canada and the US (CSA Z662, ASME B31.4, 49CFR195 (DOT Code), ASME BPVC Sect. VIII)
- Familiarity and knowledge of materials standards & specifications (CSA, ANSI Ratings, ASME, API, MSS, etc.)
- Horizontal Directional Drill Design (HDD), road bores, and applicable load/stress calculations experience
- Experience working with geotechnical and hydrotechnical hazards
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.