The Commercial Application Engineer is the primary technical and commercial resource supporting sales directly with customers to offer appropriate solutions. Design custom solutions for customer specific applications, providing complete technical and commercial offering. Provide cross functional technical and commercial expertise. In this role you will solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.Essential Responsibilities:
The Commercial Application Engineer must have technical and commercial awareness. Demonstrates strong ability in executing business goals, programs, and processes. Communicate important market and customer trends back to the business as input for business strategy and product development.
- Technical/Engineering ability to develop technical and commercial solutions from customer requirements.
- Strong commercial and pricing awareness.
- Make presentations, both internal and external, on behalf of the product line.
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
- Communicate requirements for order fulfilment.
- Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally.
- Document competitors' activities and assess potential market moves.
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations.
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO (Inquiry to Order) goals.
- Gather industry intelligence to inform business decision-making.
- Recognised Third Level Qualification in Engineering/Computer Science/Instrumentation.
- Strong post-graduate experience.
- Fluent in English and French to a good standard.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Instrumentation preferred.
- A technical background comfortable using modern and not so modern test equipment e.g. DMMs, oscilloscopes, decade boxes
- Measurement application experience, understanding of temperature and pressure measurement is essential (preferably in a process environment).
- Understanding of modern software packages, confidence to install them and able to trouble-shoot basic installation issues.
- An ability to capture customer user requirements and create technical documents based on the requirements.
- An understanding the software development process.
- An understanding of software or solution project delivery, i.e. requirements capture, design specification creation, gap fit analysis, project management principles, cut over support etc.
- A good understanding of databases and an ability to create scripts to extract information from a SQL database.
- Understanding of modern computer network architecture e.g. cloud computing, client server setups, web applications, AWS etc.
- Comfortable delivering technical support and training to end users of all abilities, either face to face or via email, telephone or skype
- Commercial experience.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Leicester, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.