Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Monitor, review and approve (as required) EPC contractor relevant engineering/design activities. Ensures all deliverables related to rotating equipment are in accordance to the projects' and company's design intent, prescribed specifications and good engineering practice and are completed within schedule.
Develops rotating equipment selection concepts, studies, reports and basic engineering deliverables for new projects. Work also includes field support and commissioning assistance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for meeting company's engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
2. Oversees development of rotating equipment selection and design concepts and ensure proper application and execution.
3. Assists contractor's teams to produce engineering/construction documents that meet the project
requirements within the allocated schedule and budget.
4. Verifies contractor's work quality regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
5. Check Material Requisitions are reflective of project requirements and specifications
6. Carry out technical bid evaluations to ensure vendor compliance with material requisitions
7. Reconciles any conflicting design requirements by providing solutions for alignment
8. Provide technical assistance/troubleshooting assistance in resolving rotating equipment design, operation and maintenance problems; contact internal and external experts as required
9. Responds to contractor technical queries and concession requests
10. Provides technical responses to contractor's variation requests
11. Ensure uniformity and standardization compatibility at optimum levels in design and engineering all phases of the project and update company specifications by incorporating lessons learned
12. Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
13. Lead, supervise and mentor company's machinery staff on all their responsibilities.
14. Develops rotating equipment design concepts and basic engineering deliverables such as equipment selection reports and datasheets for new projects.
15. Audit installations during construction, witness Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of equipment/ systems and assure that the installation/performance are in accordance with specifications
16. Troubleshoots operational equipment problems related to rotating equipment.
17. Works collaboratively with multiple disciplines to analyze rotating equipment failure trends, conducts detailed root cause analysis; recommends and implements appropriate corrective action to maximize equipment availability and reliability.
18. Utilize reliability tools such as failure evaluations, Root Cause Analysis and cost analysis to improve reliability of rotating equipment systems.
Reporting and Working Relationships
19. Reports to the Engineering Manager on all projects related activities and critical issues.
20. Reports to Directors, Projects on any critical issues affecting project costs or schedule
21. Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all CLIENT staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
22. Continues development of professional expertise, ideally through achievement of professional related certification.
o Good knowledge of the industrial context, contract practice and oil & gas operations in general.
o Expert knowledge of codes and standards applicable to rotating equipment in oil and gas installations
o Expert knowledge of compression equipment, esp. reciprocating and centrifugal, and related auxiliaries
o Ability to plan, conduct and direct engineering calculations, studies, evaluations and development projects or equipment requisitioning assignments of major significance, which are highly difficult and complex in nature, requiring the expert application of advanced engineering and associated scientific knowledge
o Fully conversant with good engineering practice
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
o Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline - Individuals lacking the necessary formal qualifications, but having above average relevant experience may also be considered.
o Work experience as a Lead Rotating or Mechanical Engineer with a tier 1/major EPC Contractor in the development of EPC deliverables
o Work experience with an oil/gas operating company
o Good knowledge of the industrial context, contract practice and Oil & Gas operations in general.
o Good sense of team spirit leadership, strong interpersonal & soft communication.
o Fluent in English - verbal and written
Minimum Professional Experience Required
o Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry
Kintec was established in the UK in 2001 with the purpose of supplying both Contract and Permanent technical engineering personnel. Currently operating within the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Life Sciences, Power, Rail and Infrastructure industries, Kintec’s business reach is on a global scale. Over the years, we have succeeded in developing lasting relationships, with both clients and candidates, and delivered expertise and up to the minute industry knowledge with efficiency and professionalism. With business expansion and the creation of further offices in the UK, networks in the Middle East, Africa, and the US as well as movement further into Europe, Kintec’s market position has gained major strength over its 18 years in business and we have reinforced this further with sector diversification. Kintec prides itself on delivering unparalleled levels of mobilisation support, which includes the organisation of visas, travel, accommodation, local payroll, security and medical insurance. We take great care to ensure that our own employees are provided with all of the necessary in-house training to be able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service to our clients and candidates. Furthermore, we provide opportunities for further career development, as part of our organic growth model, and aim to provide a favourable working environment where our personnel are held in extremely high regard. We see our staff as paramount in terms of establishing a long lasting and successful business, facilitating the overall aim to replicate and build on our historic achievements