Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. Chevron explores, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes fuels and other energy products; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power; and develops future energy resources. Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity.
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Compliance, Internal Controls and Optimization Senior Analyst .Successful candidates will join the BASSC Finance team.
Reports to: Head of Compliance, Internal Controls and Optimizations for Latin America (Upstream)
The position will support Chevron Latin America Upstream organizations in matters related to Compliance, Internal Controls, Audit and Optimizations, providing guidance on company policies, processes and procedures to mitigate associated risks.
The Latin America business unit (BU) is a very diverse organization incorporating four major country locations with several joint ventures (operated and non-operated) and or equity affiliates.
Operations are complex due to the requirement to work with various laws, customs and labor force issues. The scale, complexity and diversity of the BUs correlates directly to the number and intricacy of internal controls and compliance issues.
A significant part of the work consists of multiple non-routine type tasks with widely varying deadlines and scope. The individual will often be assigned multiple tasks and good organizational skills are therefore very important. In addition, the individual will be exposed to interact with senior management either by phone, email and prepare and make presentations.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Compliance program and Internal Control metrics to determine trends and areas of risk
- Review and provide guidance over sensitive transaction requests and
- Coordinate FCPA reconciliations (approved $ X $ spent, conditional approvals)
- Assist to develop, review, communicate and deploy new policies, procedures and guidelines to support regional operations
- Provide Consulting/Communications and share best practices on Internal Controls and Compliance subjects
- Assist to prepare materials for Compliance Audit Committees
- Review and coordinate the Conflict of Interest process and procedures
- Perform Inventory and Risk Assessments over Non-operated joint ventures (NOJVs) and contractors
- Proactively partner with businesses to assess risks and identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; recommending controls and procedures for avoidance of compliance risk and action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Obtain NOJV/affiliate Certifications from operators
- Perform due diligences over potential vendors
- Assist in the annual Representation Letter process
- Partner with parent company Compliance and Internal Controls functions and other key stakeholders on enterprise-wide initiatives
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual Compliance & Internal Controls and Compliance (ICC) Corporate requirements.
- Coordinate mandatory and discretionary trainings
- Backup support to business units ICC teams during vacations/resource constraints
- Follow up over internal Audit findings and NOJV/Affiliate and contractor audit claims/exceptions
- Support Internal/external, NOJV, Contractors and partners audits(JV)
- Administrate the Delegation of Authorities (DOA) process and monitor Segregation of Duties
- Plan, Monitor and report SOX process
- Assists in monitoring internal controls and compliance processes with company policies through Spot checks and desktop reviews
- Manage/review application system user access
- Maintain vendor Masterfile
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize and implement optimization opportunities on internal controls and compliance processes
- Coordinate projects, develop action plans and timelines, remove barriers, identify risks and mitigating plans
- Facilitate communications with corporate Compliance and Internal Controls
- Assist to develop the ICC annual plan
- Maintain share point, area website, DOA and Conflict of Interest system tools
- Interact with IT team to support the area systems
- Work as guest auditor in NOJV or Contractor reviews
Internal Stakeholders: Liaison with the Latin America (LA) leadership team, including Director, Country and General Managers, Compliance Audit Committee Members, Finance Managers and Compliance and Internal control (ICC) Managers and teams from all LA locations and BASSC ICC team, Corporate Internal Audit function, Corporate Legal Compliance and Internal Control functions.
External Stakeholders: Liaison and coordination with significant number of Compliance and Internal Controls stakeholders from the Oil & Gas industry (partners, contractors and industry associations)
- 5+ years of experience working on Compliance, Internal Controls and Accounting activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with dynamic and presentation abilities
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking) (Portuguese is desirable)
- Professional presence, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and experience delivering dynamic and, clear presentations to management
- Excellent collaboration skills and demonstrated team player
- Effective team and results-oriented lead style in a multi-task environment
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration
- Well organized, prior project management experience and strong problem-solving skills
- experience in anti-bribery laws, regulations and organizations best practices (e.g.: FCPA)
- Experience in interactions with all levels of an organization, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and handle multiple projects simultaneously, focus on critical priorities and apply appropriate judgment in escalating competing priorities and substantive issues for guidance
- Business Knowledge & Client focus
- work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team
- Proficient technology skills, including PC desktop tools, like MS Power Point, Excel, Word and database management.
- JDE experience/knowledge, Finance & SCM knowledge (desirable)
- Willingness to travel as needed (very low)
Required Education: BS Degree in administration or accounting
- Competitive base pay
- Annual incentive award (bonus)
- Work from home and flexible schedule options
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
- Family Health Premium Plan
- Day Care Subsidy
- Educational Assistance Program
- English Lessons
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Award Program
Relocation Options: Relocation will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.