Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Leak Detection Engineer
Location: Houston TX - Downtown
• Member of the Technical Engineering team reporting to the Manager of Technical Services
• Responsible for the Design, Implementation, & Maintenance of Pipeline Leak Detection systems including real-time transient
• Direct support for all projects within Chemicals Pipeline
• Works on multiple engineering projects with competing priorities under periods of high pressure to achieve tight project
• Directly supports the Pipeline Control Center, Pipeline Engineering Team and Complex Managers on many fronts including
Operational Excellence and local project execution.
• Develop, implement, and maintain all Pipeline Leak Detection systems including real-time transient models for Crude and NGL
• Develop, implement, and analyze hydraulic modeling of pipelines including steady-state and real-time transient analysis for
Crude and NGL pipelines.
• Develop and implement real-time and off-line pipeline hydraulic simulation applications
• Configure existing hydraulic models and test for accuracy.
• Develop leak detection software functional and technical designs.
• Develop and perform acceptance testing of software and hydraulic simulation models.
• Develop and Lead training of Pipeline Control Center, SCADA Team, and Operations and integrate simulation applications into
the business environment.
• Ensuring Operational Excellence in Safety, Environmental, and Regulatory Compliance by understanding and applying
compliance standards for pipeline operations.
• Troubleshoot existing leak detection software configuration for performance, reliability, and operability.
• Perform daily monitoring of all leak detection system alarms and report out on bad actors.
• Interface with Pipeline Control Center, field operations, engineering, and project managers in efforts to support and optimize
the leak detection system performance
• Develop knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to pipeline leak detection systems.
• Provide 24/7 support to Pipeline Control Center and Pipeline Operations.
• Demonstrate skill in use of the Management of Change System.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
• 3+ years pipeline leak detection experience
• 5+ years of demonstrated Engineering and Project Management experience in pipeline systems.
• Pipeline hydraulic modeling experience
• Experience applying data analytics techniques to complex operations
• Experience with SCADA systems
• Must be able to work in a multi-discipline team environment successfully
• Proven understanding of the Industries OSHA Management of Change Requirements including HAZOP and PSSR Activities.
• PMP Certification a Plus
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.