Location: Port Arthur
Contract: 6-12 months with possible need for extenstion Purpose:
Support site staff with deploying, maintaining and administering OT networks in a 24x7 Operational environment. Responsibility:
- Maintaining and administering OT networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Maintaining OT documentation including monitoring software, diagrams, configurations and work flow documentation to reflect changes to work processes
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Programming and deployment of OT network infrastructure
- Upgrade and deployment of PAR OT Monitoring Software
- Maintaining OT architecture documentation
- Minimum 2 years degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of OT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Understanding of cybersecurity concepts and principles
- Must be able to work in equipment racks including lifting, mounting and cabling.
- Desired qualifications: CCIE (Cisco), CCNP (Cisco), Network+ (CompTIA), security+
- Preffered: WhatsUpGold and SolarWinds
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.